Ruby has been a media relation specialist since 1993, working with the media relations departments of the Canadian Tourism Commission, Tourisme Québec and Tourisme Montréal. She also worked as media relations manager for Tourisme Montréal in 2001.
She has worked with Lonely Planet Frommers, Travel and Leisure, National Geographic Traveller, Gourmet Magazine, Wall paper magazine, Conde Nasté, Geo, New York Times, Guardian, Metro, Globe and Male, Vancouver Sun to name a few.
Ruby works with travel writers, bloggers, life style travel magazines, culinary publication and newspapers. She gives writers story ideas, her knowledge, her communication skills and her understanding of the needs of the press are the reason she is in demand.
For other services related to media relations please do not hesitate to contact me. If I am not able to assist you I will refer you to the right organisation or persons.
Please visit this page for links to features articles, TV, radio programmes, travel magazines that Ruby is featured in both Montréal and other locations around the world.
Ruby is also a photographer and has studied cinema which have added to her understanding of the needs of film crews. Her knowledge of photography and her city has made her the go-to person, demand working with film crews. Ruby has also documented through photography the best light and locations for shooting. Having created a handbook on the subject. She conducts photography tours of Montréal.
As a public speaker and professional guide she is comfortable in front of the camera. She has done voice over’s and stand ups for productions in several languages. She has worked on numerous press trips, with SATW, in the press rooms for MPI, President’s Club Golf and many other occasions.
Ruby has worked for the Amazing Race, the BBC, Australian, European, USA and Canadian productions.
Film Crew Services
- Facilitator for film crews
- Scouting locations assistance
- Preparing hosts with information for programme
- Stand up- Pieces to camera or sound bites or voices over
- Intermediate with locals when shooting
- Locations for photographers
- Helping journalist with story ideas
- Help bloggers and social media specialist with unique experiences
- Professional Licensed Guide Services
- Assisting with local to interview or speak to who are great on camera
- Assistance with sources for story idea
- Knowledge of locations where permits for film or photograph are required
- Drive film crew and photographer